Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Late Summer 2018 BackPacking

My friend, Linda, has been backpacking for a couple of years now and I feel she was the driving force to make me want to try it. We made plans for a girlfriend's backpacking trip to Goat Rocks Wilderness in Washington. It was pretty awesome!

 We car camped at Chambers lake the precious night so we could get on the trail at a decent time. It was a beautiful morning. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

 Goats in the Goat Rock Wilderness!
 Curious marmots too!
 Alpine Goat Lake.
 Mt Ranier







Sunrise coffee hour.

Another epic view of the mountains, this time, fully loaded. 

I really love backpacking and going only where feet will take you, but have a very hard time sleeping, even with a comfy pad and fluffy sleeping bag. 


4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful and amazing! What an experience. Gotta love nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! We lucked out on weather and campsites! I just loved that area! So glad we got a girls trip in this summer. Hopefully will be more to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my son was in cub scouts we did family camping with the den. I never could sleep either. I was tired, comfy, relaxed, and calm with my eyes closed all. night. long. I was glad when he became a Boy Scout—no more family camping. Your trip with friends looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really captured the weekend. I loved it and look forward to many more trips.

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!