Friday, February 1, 2019

First Real Hike of 2019

It's been too long since I've written although I have tried to stay active. This year I've joined Moving Mountains- our town weight loss challenge, and am  preparing to get back in better shape for 2019 adventures!


My friend Michelle said she was going to hike at Smith Rocks, so I invited myself to join her! We are standing on Misery Ridge and the rock behind us is called Monkey face . This entire area is one of the most popular rock climbing spots in the Pacific NW. 

 This is the day our weather turned a bit colder, but we were still able to see the mountain range in the distance. 
 Last year Elsa and I hiked those buttes behind me there. 
 This is called the Crooked River.
Can you see the heron on the rock?

Can you see the Monkey Face on the left side of the rock?

This is the first of many more adventures this year!!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun and I always enjoy hiking with you! Here's to MANY outdoor adventures this year my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!