Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Central Oregon Hiking

Before we were completely hammered with snow a little over 2 weeks ago I thought I better get out while I could for a local hike.
Tam-a-Lau Trail is close enough and pretty easy to get to the trailhead. 


 The view is spectacular!
 When its clear you can see the entire mountain range.


 While there wasn't a lot of snow on top, it was a bit muddy. 

The loop on Elsa's nose is called Gentle Leader. She has gotten to be a bit of a puller and that helps. She was off leash since we were the only ones on the trail. 
Image may contain: sky, snow, tree, outdoor and nature




The phrase "Tam-a-Láu" means "place of big rocks on the ground" in the local Native American language.

I'm ready for the snow to be gone so I can get back out there and get ready for an adventurous summer!

1 comment:

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!