Sunday, December 14, 2008

Re-Evaluating my Lifestyle

When somebody you know dies suddenly I think it is only natural for us to think about our life. I know I was thinking about that the other day while I was out jogging. I was thinking about the emotional and spiritual side of that, but also the physical side.
Am I wasting my time fitting activity into my lifestyle? Am I depriving myself from something because I am not eating everything I want to? Am I doing this for any reason at all?
The answer I told myself was this is important to me and what I do, as far as taking care of myself, is not for nothing.
I thought of the freedom I have now to move. To not have achy joints (OK, I still have that every now and then!), to not worry about fitting into an airline seat or an amusement ride. If I want to I can play ball outside, or shoot hoops with the kids. I am free NOT to think about whether my body can handle physical challenges- because I know it can.
Staying within a healthy body weight does not 100% free me from getting disease or cancer, but I like having the odds in my favor. As I get older I don't want to live with a chronic illness or pain. I am glad I have taken my health into my hands and am trying my best to stay active.
Is it for nothing? I sure don't think so.

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!