Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ice Cream Treats

Alright, I generally do not post food on here that I haven't tried or investigated myself. So, I need to elaborate on the site I sent a few days ago.

Klondike 100 calorie ice cream sandwiches (vanilla or chocolate) 100 cal, 2g fiber, 1.5 fat.
Klondike English Toffee and French Vanilla sticks-100 cal, 2g fiber, 6g fat
Klondike no sugar added fudge bars- 170 cal, 4g fiber, 9g fat
Lest you be tempted by a Klondike Choco Taco it has a whopping 290 calories, 1g fiber and 15grams of fat!



Moving on to Breyer's in the article.
1/2 cup Breyers all Natural Strawberry ice cream has 120 cal., 0 fiber, 5g fat.
I see coffee flavored All Natural is 130 calories, 7g fat, 0 fiber.

Trader Joe's Carribbean Fruit Floes has 80 calories, 0 fat, 0 fiber.

Did you know you can get the points values for all the Skinny Cow items at their website?! How cool is that? Check it out here. (great pick for low points values)

Haagen Dazs Lemon Sorbet 1/2 cup-110 calories, 0 fat, 0 fiber

Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Low-fat frozen yogurt- 1/2 cup=160 calories, 3g fat, 1 fiber

OK, So far, it seems like most of these are a pretty good deal. It just so happens I picked up the Dove miniatures. I'm not a big ice cream eater and I thought "Oh, 60 calories, that should only be 1 point." I had members ask me today how many points it was and I confessed that I really didn't know. So when I got home I looked. Holy Cow!

First off 1 serving is 5 pieces. I'll admit one piece was pretty small (they are about the size of a WW 1 point bar) but thank goodness I only "needed" one piece! One serving of 5 pieces is 8 Weight Watcher points! I eat dinner on 8 points!
Thankfully it does have the nutritional info for 1 piece which is 2 points. You can see from the above you can get a lot more bang for your points by choosing something else.

I'm always learning and having to remind myself to KNOW the points value before eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!