- Keep moving! Exercise will burn off nay extra calories you are consuming. Don't throw in the towel now and say you'll get started after the new year. What a cop out!
- Eat fiber rich foods. These foods are good for you, keep you satisfied longer and are usually lower in calories. Pack some fruit or veggies if you are out shopping so you aren't tempted to eat high calorie food.
- Be in charge of your environment. Don't keep sweets and high calorie food at home or at work. If they aren't there, you can't eat them!
- Don't allow yourself to get too hungry. If you are planning on going out or attending a party eat a sensible breakfast and a light lunch. If you get too hungry you'll end up eating more.
- If you are going to a potluck make sure the dish you bring is a healthy choice. At least you'll know there is one thing you feel safe eating. Others are looking for healthy choices too!
- Be last in line. At buffets or parties some dishes may run low or out. If it's not there, you can't eat it. Remember, it's not about the food.
- Be assertive politely. I love this line. "No thank you! Everything was so good I couldn't possibly eat another bite!" If you are the host don't push food on others!
- Be social. The more you talk, the less you'll eat!!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Tips for the Holidays
More survival tips for successful weight loss during the holidays.