Saturday, April 9, 2011

Checking in Weekly Challenge

If any of you have a weekly challenge you'd like to throw out please send me an email or leave a comment.  Don't overthink it- sometimes the things we think might be easy are not.

How often do you check the ingredient list on your grocery purchases? I almost picked this up the other day but after reading the list I changed my mind.

Ingredients: WATER, CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), LESS THAN TWO PERCENT OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM POLYPHOSPHATES, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK.

Yum, sounds good doesn't it?! That is on the verge of being scary!

Send in your mileage or your minutes and we'll get a weekly total.

3 comments:

  1. I just got back from the store and was reading food labels. I was looking for juice that didn't have any added sugar - not an easy task. Michael Pollen writes a lot about food and food sources and his challenge is to buy products that have 5 or few ingredients. That can be challenging.
    We haven't done a water challenge yet. I need to be more vigilant about water intake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was your mystery food (with the scary ingredients) cool whip or non-dairy creamer?
    Vicky F

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!