Who knows, somebody may find this interesting.
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the question set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5 Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random things about me.
1. I had to read #6 above at least 5 times before I understood it!! (that probably means I'm a little slow)
2. When I was a teenager my friends and my brother's friends would go to the drive in movie. 2 or 3 would pay while the others hid in the trunk, then pushed the backseat forward and crawled in. We thought we were so smart!!
3. I'd rather burn than freeze. C'mon summertime!
4. In my "other" life I always wanted to be an airline stewardess.
5. After I started training for my first half marathon a family member told me I'd created a monster. Then and there I knew I needed to always encourage others to improve their life and not be negative!
6. I gave birth to 2 kids but feel like I have 5. I raised my brother's kids for 5 years and I feel a bit of ownership towards them.
7. I'd like to get a tattoo when I turn 50 this year. One I can see but nobody else can. Something fun, discreet and positive. I'll probably chicken out.
8. I was asked to go rock climbing again and I said No thank you. I'll watch and go for a hike.
9. When I'm not working or running I'm quilting! I have another blog all about that.
Check it out if you want: Humble Quilts
10. I ran away when I was a teenager and went to Arizona.(see #3)
11. I joined Weight Watchers in 2001 and lost about 50 pounds. I worked for them almost 10 years. Leaving as a leader was a life changing positive move that I will never regret.
My answers to Heather's questions:
If you listen to music while running what is your power song?
This week it is I Like it by Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull
Which race has been your favorite so far?
I haven't done that many and everyone is my favorite for different reasons. If I was made to choose I would have to say Cinco de Mayo, Portland 2011. It was my first time running 10K without stopping. They gave us beer and burritos at the end. It was about 9 or 10 AM!! And my daughter ran all but the last mile with me. That was so sweet, cause I was so slow.
What's your favorite training plan?
Am I supposed to have a plan? LOL
What is your go-to post run fuel/food?
12oz triple nonfat latte or lowfat vanilla yogurt with fruit and granola
Do you reward yourself after a big event?
Nope. I feel pretty spoiled all year long.
If yes to #5, how do you reward yourself?
Have you motivated others to run?
I think I have convinced Juliann she can run a half marathon- and have fun doing it!! My husband has ran around the block a few times since I've been running- he hates it though.
Who motivated you to run?
The first time I ran I figured it would get me done with my exercise faster then walking. I guess I motivated myself after that.
Is running a part of a bigger journey for you, or is it just something you do?
What a thought provoking question, Heather! I've been thinking about it all afternoon and can say for sure it is a bigger journey. It is about having fun, making friends, being healthy and fit. It's about being strong and taking risks and having a positive outlook on life. God gave me one body and I like to think I'm taking care of it.
What is your favorite time of the year to run?Fall, hands down. Here in Central Oregon we have some awesome Indian summers that make the best running conditions.
Is running a solitary event for you? Or do you share it with others?
Mostly I run with my dog, Porter. He has had two leg surgeries so I can only take him about 5 miles. But he is a great listener and doesn't mind that I sing with my headphones on. He's part German Shepherd so I think someone would think twice about messing with me too.
What's your favorite movie and why?
What's been your best vacation ever?
Do you go to a specialty store to buy your tennis shoes?
What's your best running/walking tip?
What do you do to relax?
As far as food, what is your splurge?
If you could have any career, what would it be?
Do you have any tattoos?
Would you ever hire someone to help clean your house?
Coffee? Or Tea?