Monday, May 14, 2012

Hippie Chick 13.1 miles

It's official. I've finished my second half marathon!! It was a beautiful day. It was going to get hot but we started at 8AM so I figured we'd be fine. I made sure to hydrate well all week.
At mile 9 I asked my daughter's boyfriend for my iphone. I figured I could run for a couple miles with it and snap a few photos while I was at it. I'm so glad I did.

You have to remember I'm used to running in the high desert, pretty much everything is brown and no trees. This farm house was amazing with it's huge trees.
My daughter  would have beat me or at least stayed with me but she had to stop and use the bathroom.  She did not have a problem with me leaving her in line! The finale is in the Hillsboro stadium.
It was pretty quiet at this point, but it is a fun way to end a race. I snapped this photo in the beer garden where I was drinking a mimosa to celebrate!!


I'm disappointed this photo is so dark. I love our expression. The kids brought me balloons that exclaimed I'm "Over the Hill! 
My favorite picture of the day. Angel, Ken (my son) Me, Rene, (my daughter) Dan
My son's girlfriend made signs. I thought that was so sweet.
I had a three hour drive home. Had to get some fuel before heading home. 

My kids are so wonderful and supportive! My hubby couldn't be here this day, but I'd rather have him on vacation with me then at my run. If he had a choice he would have been with me.

My goal was to run the whole race,  beat my last time and come in under 2:30. I reached all my goals!! Whoot! Whoot!! 2:28:43. Pretty sweet way to celebrate my 50th birthday!!
Who knows what's next? After some well deserved R&R I'll think about it.

6 comments:

  1. Well done my friend! Now enjoy some rest! My turn to start training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you! I thought about you on our shared birthday and wondered how you did.

    Are you doing the Happy Girls Half on the 27th in Bend?

    I will be there with my friend...we are doing a relay team and splitting the 1/2..>I walk mostly but am trying to do more and more running


    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday and congrats on the awesome accomplishment! Great way to celebrate your bday..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A M A Z I N G accomplishment! Congratulations Lori! Very nice milestone to top all the good things that's been happening for you!

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!