Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey Trot

One race down, 2 to go! You gotta have a pretty decent self esteem to enter a tiny town race. All of 25 people or so signed up for the 10k and they are all the active runners in my town. I knew I'd be last. At least nobody said "last one's a rotten egg!" I was second to the last and I was OK with that.
I was also 2nd in my division! lol A bonus to small town races!! lol
The last quarter mile was at the middle school track- I won't lie, It was hard. 
After downloading my run info onto Nikeplus I realize why I had no energy the last lap. I ran my fastest 1K, 5K and 1 mile in that race. Nothing like a little pressure to make you push!

I'm glad the next one is a 5k.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty decent self esteem - well done my friend. I think that might be one of the best things I have built with my running - a pretty decent self esteem.

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!