Monday, February 24, 2014

Annoyed!

Physically February has been going awesome! I've been eating right, my arthritis pain is at bay, I've started running consistently and feeling good, until Saturday! 3 1/2 miles into a 7 mile run my ITBand started hurting pretty bad. I thought I was done with that and on the other side of recovery.... So much for that thought.
It was feeling so bad I'm back to icing it. I've been using the foam roller but I guess this week I'll be stretching, rolling and doing exercises to strengthen that whole area.  My first race is a 10K in 2 weeks and I'm not sure I'll be up to it. It's low key and the big Congo Women for Women fundraiser so I can go and hang out regardless, or possibly change it to a 5K.

This week I want to be super consistent about my exercises and take a deep breath about not running.




4 comments:

  1. So sorry the pain is back. Take care of yourself and hope you are back running in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the pain on the outside of the knee? I have been having issues on the back side of my knee but the sports doctor does not think it is anything......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pesky IT bands!!! So frustrating when they get cranky. I've spent much quality time with the foam roller dealing with mine! Consistency with the exercises and stretching will hopefully have you through the flare-up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that the pain is back. Maybe you've been pushing yourself a little too hard? (Something that I'm not familiar with :p) Take it easy. You'll be good as new!

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!