Friday, February 3, 2017

Couch 2 10K


Because I haven't ran since October I needed to start with baby steps again. This year I will train a bit differently than in years past. In the past I've signed up for a spring and fall half marathon with a few shorter races scattered between. This year my focus race is a 216 mile relay in August.

The Bend half marathon also added a 10K that I'm focusing on for now. So I'm on week 3 of the Couch 2 10K plan that I found online HERE.
I started it when the roads were clear of snow and ice. Now that they are covered again I'm at the gym on a treadmill! I actually don't mind the treadmill much, although the scenery isn't as nice. LOL

April 23- 10K
August 4 -5 Cascade Lakes Relay

At this point I don't have any other races or physical challenges on my schedule. If someone wants to do something with me, I'm open, whether it is a race, a hike or some other fun adventure. Let me know!

PS, I've added yoga to my workout mix and am really curious how they will affect or help my running.

Have a healthy weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Did I read that right? 216 miles???? Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 5k in March and a 10k in June. That is it for now - it is hard getting back to running in the cold!

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!