Friday, September 1, 2017

Hiking Mt Hood

Summer has zipped right by so we thought we needed to get away to the mountains for an 
overnight camping trip. 

Of course, we have to make sure there is hiking nearby. Thankfully for the dogs, we had a stream too!


 Mt Adams in the distance. (in WA state)
 You can also see Mt St Helens peaking through to the left of Adams.


 Has anyone rented one of these forest service lookouts? I want to!


 Food tastes so good while out camping. My hubby's steak actually looked good too!


This is never good! We came around a corner on our way home and saw lots of smoke. ROAD closed due to forest fire. Our skies have cleared, thank goodness. My nephew has been on a fire crew this summer- thankfully he is home safely and will start back at the school today.

Temperatures are supposed to be in the 100's this weekend, so I'll stay inside and play.

1 comment:

  1. There are fires in Washington again and our air is showing it. Not quite as bad as earlier this summer.
    Thinking about camping food makes me want pancakes!

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!