Monday, June 25, 2018

First Camping of the Season

My niece and sister planned to meet and do a long weekend of camping. Because Cory worked on Saturday, Elsa and I did a quick overnighter with them! 
It was a new-to-us place that a co-worker told us about. It was very nice and not too many people camping.





 My sister and I did a bit of exploring. I couldn't believe how green this meadow was. This is the high desert, but they've had a wet spring. It was so pretty.

So many pretty wildflowers. It was so bright I had a hard time capturing them in photos.



Beautiful huge ponderosa pine trees.


Four of us drove to Myrtle Butte Look out. The structures/cabins have been abandoned and were trashed, but the lookout tower was very sturdy and is used in emergencies.

 It had an amazing view. 

 My BIL stayed at the bottom but he didn't have a camera to snap a photo of all 3 of us at the top. You can see my nephew about mid-way. My sister was just coming out of the crow's nest.

I hope you have some fun outdoor activities planned for this summer. It always goes by so fast!


1 comment:

  1. I will have to follow this blog, as well. Love seeing more photos of your adventures, you are an inspiration and I am working on getting my strength back by water exercise for now. Not sure if I will be climbing mountains, but it would be nice to do more hikes again.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!