Monday, October 1, 2018

Half Marathon to end September

After all the backpacking and hiking I happened to have a half marathon scheduled. I signed up in March so hadn't even thought I'd be backpacking the two weekends prior. Even though when I signed up I thought I could train enough to possible beat my fastest 1/2. I knew going into this race that would not be a possibility. But I had a good time  anyway.

My favorite races are all women. I like the camaraderie. 
I heard they'd be serving pancakes after the race, so here I am with pancakes and beer! LOL(after the race) I will say the pancakes were more like a sandwich since I just put a bit of peanut butter and cinnamon on it and rolled it up. 

                        Start line, prerace.
It was called the Country Girls race and these ladies had a bit of fun dressing the part. Aren't they adorable? I have no idea how they ran with all that on. (they were doing the 6.2 miler)

 Running next to the Columbia River is amazing. It is the dividing line between Oregon and Washington.

The "medal" was cute but also annoying since it was a cow bell!!

I'm laying low, resting and recovering at this point. But I'm dreaming about all the fun I'll have next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!