Monday, February 18, 2019

InstantPot Love

Have any of you jumped on the Instant pot bandwagon? I love mine! I do not claim to be a cook, but I thought I'd share a few simple recipes every now and then. I use the word  "recipe" loosely.

I thought I took out a chuck roast the other day, turns out it was chuck steak and I had no idea how to cook it. So I did a bit of a search, found a Youtube, but was actually reading the comments when I thought I'd try this version.

Chuck Steak Ala InstantPot
Love this garlic infused oil from Trader Joes. Put some in the instantpot, set on saute and heat. 

season your chuck steak- I only used salt and pepper.

Brown both side thoroughly. I did one at a time. 

Remove and add a bit of red wine, or you could use beef brother. Use your whisk to get the lovely brown bits from the bottom. 

I added a little of both of these and about 1/2c water. 

I put my browned steaks in, topped with onion...

and mushrooms.

I am cutting my carbs but my hubby loves potatoes so I washed 2 large potatoes and stabbed them a couple times with a sharp knife, (I wasn't sure if they'd explode!) and just set them on top. 

Get your lid on, and press meat/stew and pressure cook for 35 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally if you have time. 

About 40minutes later....

Dinner is served!  I did have broccoli and salad with this meal as well. 
We ate it for leftovers the next day too!

I'd love to know if you have an instantpot and how often you use it.

4 comments:

  1. I've had my Instant Pot for over a year and use it ALL the time. In fact I am in NH visiting my parents and brought it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Had no idea could do the potatoes in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t have one but wonder how it is different from a crock pot? Is use my crock pot a lot, leaving it to cook all day. Curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have an instant pot but this looks wonderful, fast and delish! I will look into the instant pot!

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!