This week's meeting room topic was about eating out. Huge portion sizes, bread baskets, colorful photos and overly fattening food can sabotage our weight loss. Here are some helpful tips when you are faced with the challenge of eating out.
- Don't starve yourself before going out.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Ask for a to-go box when you order your food and put half of it away before you take your first bite.
- Compensate for eating out by having lower point foods during the day and exercising more.
- Check out the restaurant’s website if they have one and know what you are going to order ahead of time.
- Be the first one to order.
- Use your Dining Out companion to eat wisely. (the 2008 version has 67 pages of helpful eating out tips)
- Know what words to look for on the menu: grilled, steamed, poached, roasted, broiled are all good choices.
- Ask for food to be prepared without oils, butter or sauces.
- Eat an appetizer for your meal.
- Split a meal.
It is possible to eat out and be successful at losing weight!!