Thursday, February 7, 2008

American Heart Month


There is a really good article in the January/February issue of Weight Watcher magazine about heart health and what can be done to lower your risk of heart disease and heart attack. I think my heart is in pretty good shape but the statistics are astounding and I don't think we can hear it enough how packing around extra weight isn't just about how we feel about ourselves but literally can be a matter of life and death. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for women in the United States!
Three main factors that can lead to heart disease can also be reduced by shedding pounds.
Diabetes
High Blood Pressure
High Cholesterol

So, keep focusing on losing the extra pounds and getting your BMI (body mass index) to a healthy level. Your heart will love you for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!