Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spicy Shrimp with Papaya Salsa

Ok, We've had a bit of spring the last couple of days so even though I used my crockpot yesterday it is time to move on to grilling!! We use our grill year round but keep the gas full when spring hits as we use it at least three times a week, when we aren't fighting the wind and snow.
I am going to give you this whole recipe although I have not made the papaya salsa to go with it. I buy the frozen uncooked shrimp, already deveined, ready to defrost and cook.

Makes 4 servings
1 serving: 1/4 of the shrimp and 1/2 cup salsa
150 calories, 1 g fat; 1 g fiber
CORE

1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne
1 1/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups cubed papaya
1/4 c copped scallions
2 TB fresh lime juice

Prepare the grill for a hot fire. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. (This is where I string them on skewers and grill them as kabobs and generally serve with a small steak, potato and salad- all core)
Make the salsa by combining the papaya, scallions and lime juice in a bowl.
Grill shrimp in a grill basket or put on skewers and grill about 2-3 minutes on each side. (don't overcook or the shrimp will be rubbery)
Serve the shrimp with papaya salsa.

Eat and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!