Thursday, July 3, 2008

Grilling & Barbecue Techniques

This week we've talked about grilling. I talk about barbecuing here and have a few recipes so I don't want to rehash anything we already know. I think the main thing is to not think about grilling as just hot dogs and hamburgers. Explore your options and plan ahead for summer barbecues.
Use rubs and marinades to keep your lean meat/fish from getting dry and don't overcook your food. Use a grill basket to put veggies or fruits on the grill. Look at recipes a new way and try to incorporate them into healthy barbecue fare.
Check out these articles.
Healthy July 4th Cooking
Seasonal Spotlight

Have a safe and healthy Independence Day!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!