Sunday, July 6, 2008

Savory Young & Tender Apple Spinach Salad

That's sort of a corny recipe title so I'll call it Spinach Salad. I have to admit I love fresh spinach salad but haven' t made it much at home..until yesterday. We've had company the last few days and I always think it is appropriate to try out new recipes at this time!!! LOL (Maybe not with a main dish) I made the dressing that goes with this recipe and it was terrible so I am not going to post it here. Instead here's a super simple spinach salad with ingredients that blended really well.

Fresh washed spinach
Apples, cored, peeled, diced
1/4 cup chopped pecans
red onion, thinly sliced

I used about 8 cups spinach. Mine was cleaned, washed and ready to eat so I just chopped it a little with my kitchen shears. The only apples I had were granny smith, so I cut 1 1/2 apples and added that to my spinach. The recipe actually called for walnuts, but use whatever you may have on hand. I toasted pecans, cooled them and added them to my spinach. Add your sliced onions and use whatever dressing you like.
Makes 6 servings @ 1 point per serving

I used Newman's Own Light Honey Mustard and it was perfect. I point per Tablespoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!