Friday, August 22, 2008

Interim Goals: Steps to You Dream

It is so important to set small goals on your way to your ultimate weight goal. Weight Watchers helps to spur you on by awarding you the 10% key chain and the 5 pound stickers. When you are first starting out losing 10% of your starting weight is a great place to focus. But what about after you’ve received the key chain? Are you setting interim goals? Maybe it will be the next 10%, or 5%. Make sure you are always looking ahead and rewarding yourself for reaching those goals.

How about a weekly goal? For example: I will track faithfully each and every day this week. I will take a 15 minute walk 5 days a week. I will drink my 48 oz of water every day. Challenge yourself and keep moving forward.

What about an ultimate weight goal? Very rarely do I point it out to new members but if you want to know the range that Weight Watchers recommends you can look in your Welcome book. Did you also know that a doctor’s note overwrites the WW goal range? Weight goals are always your personal decision and we are here to help you reach whatever that goal might be.
Keep this in mind:

Desirable: I like myself at this weight.
Realistic: I feel healthy and happy!
Easily Maintained: I won’t struggle to stay there.
Attainable: I know I can get there.
My choice/Meets my needs: I’ll achieve Lifetime Membership or the goal that fits my needs.


It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backwards. ~ Old Chinese proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!