Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Mmmmmm...... I just tried a new recipe and it was delicious! It is a bit more labor intensive then my usual recipes, but this one is surely a keeper. Here is my version.

Serves 4
4 WW points per serving

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 oz crab meat
1 slice Swiss cheese, cut into tiny pieces
2 TB dried bread crumbs
2 TB red pepper, finely diced
1/2 cup boiling water
1 chicken bouillon cube

Pound chicken breasts until rollable. I don't pound the death of them, just until it looks like I can roll them up.
Mix the next 4 ingredients. Put into center of the chicken breasts, roll, and use as many toothpicks as necessary to keep them rolled up. My chicken breasts were kind of small so I used lots of toothpicks. Put into a baking pan. Salt and pepper.

Mix the bouillon cube and water until dissolved then pour over chicken. Add a bay leaf and sprinkle with parsley.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. I used a thermometer so I knew they would be done.

Discard the bay leaf and pour juices into a small pan. While you are waiting for that to boil mix 1 TB white wine (you could use water if you are so inclined) and 1 tsp cornstarch. Add to boiling juices and stir until thickened. Pour over chicken and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!