Score Big! - Seven Touchdown Tips from Weight Watchers:
1. Squelch your thirst - Drink diet soda, club soda, seltzer, or non-alcoholic beer. If beer is your beverage of choice, remember this - one 12-fluid-ounce can of beer is 150 calories.
2. Something to crunch - Pretzels are a great substitute for chips. They have a super salty taste, hearty crunch, and fewer calories than potato chips per ounce. For added flavor, mustard makes a zesty pretzel dip.
3. Finger food - Order or prepare a fresh fruit or vegetable tray instead of a cheese tray.
4. Slam, dunk and dip - Plain yogurt makes an excellent alternative for sour cream in dips. Fat-free vegetable salsas are very flavorful substitutes for creamy dips, they're lower in calories, and can spice up any low-fat potato or tortilla chip.
5. Hearty food for the soul - Try putting a healthy spin on a game-day favorite and prepare vegetarian chili instead of the traditional meat-based variety.
6. Zesty hot wings - Instead of buffalo-style wings, make chicken fingers using skinless chicken breast strips. Season with hot sauce or other hot spice and dip into a low-fat blue cheese, mustard, honey, or barbecue sauce.
7. Don't just sit there! - Get up and get moving before the game, during the extended half-time show, and after the game has ended. Go outside and take an evening stroll or enjoy a game of catch.
You CAN stay in control, even when Game Day may seem impossible.