Friday, February 20, 2009

Habits of Successful Members

If you have Week 4 of the member materials, have you taken the Habit profile quiz? This week we explored the habit "Manage Your Thoughts".

Can you relate to these statements?

I'm not sure I have what it takes to lose weight.
In the past I've tried many things to lose weight, but nothing has worked for me.
In certain situation, I don't feel sure I can stay motivated.
I feel unlikely to succeed at weight loss.
I often think other people are looking at how overweight I am.

Don't let your thoughts hold you back from succeeding!! Breaking through these thoughts will not be an overnight process, but it is possible.

Steps to Managing Your Thoughts:
Notice the times and places that foster a negative frame of mind. What are you doing when you start doubting yourself. What changes can you make?
Replace the negativity with positivity. What needs to happen so that you focus on what you can do in the situation, instead of the negative? Use the Positive Self talk tool to help you accomplish this.
Spend time with people who care about you and say nice things. Are other people having a negative effect on your frame of mind? Choose to spend time with positive, supportive people. (and if your family members are the negative ones and you don't have a choice, use the Asserting Tool to let them know what you need)
Attend your weekly meeting. Be surrounded by like minded people who are succeeding at weight loss.

Please take the Habit Profile quiz and choose one of two problem areas to work on. Losing weight and keeping it off is more then just the food we put in our mouths. Why we eat, when we eat, and what we eat is determined by the way we repeatedly think and behave. Habits directly affect your weight.

Let's move forward and start breaking those bad habits!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!