Friday, April 19, 2013

Bean Salad

 

My friend Kat sent me a link to Fiesta Bean Salad and I finally got a chance to try it last night. I did not make up the whole recipe, but instead whipped up a little of the dressing ( juice from one lime, olive oil, cumin, freshly minced garlic and salt to taste)  then added a small amount of kidney beans, garbanzo beans, onions, tomatoes and cilantro. All together it may have totaled 2 cups. 
 

 
I put it over a bed of greens with a 1/4 avocado and a little sliced chicken breast. It was wholesome and delicious but I think the next time I will not put it over any greens.

If you try it let me know how you like it. The last time I had garbanzo beans I had excruciating cramps the next day. I made sure to rinse mine thoroughly and so far today I'm feeling pretty good.

Shooting for 10 miles tomorrow! Hmmmm, what will I fuel with tonight?

1 comment:

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!