Monday, May 27, 2013

Race Volunteering

My friend, Michelle, volunteers a lot for races around Portland. When I found out she was helping at the Happy Girls Race in Bend, I thought I'd signup too. The day we worked was pretty nice.
Isn't this a beautiful park? This is where packet pickup was and the start of the race on Sunday.
Michelle brought along two of her friends from Portland. It sure made our time in the booth so much fun. I know we tried to make each person who was there to pick up their packet feel comfortable and know they made the right decision about signing up. For many of them this was there first half marathon. I hope we helped calm the nerves.

 Before heading home I changed my clothes and went for a run on the Deschutes River Trail.
Michelle told me about it and I plan on going back! It was great!!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place to run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you came out. It was a lot of fun...BUSY! But fun and glad you liked that route. I enjoy that route..if I get over there soon, I will do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know about this trail!! You'll have to show me!!

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!