Wednesday, December 4, 2013

2013 Goal Met....2014?

Made my goal of 1000 miles in 2013!! I didn't know it was a goal until I saw how close I was about a month ago.  I knew I had about 1.2 miles to go yesterday. We are getting an arctic cold snap so I bundled up and did a short 1.2 loop in front of my house thinking it would put me to 1000.  It was something like 999.94!! So I put back on my hat and shoes and took the small loop of .9 to get me across that mark.  I cannot imagine doing this every year without those long marathon training runs.

I know next year I have a few half marathons on my radar and am trying to think of something BIG to do. I've talked to hubby about possibly backpacking some of the Pacific Crest Trail. Physically I'm not sure my arthritis would allow me to hike with a big pack on, but we shall see.

Do you have any fitness goals for 2014? I'd love to hear about them and help you stay accountable.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lori!!! What an accomplishment to be really proud of!! I have a 10k lined up and I want to do another 1/2. After doing my first on Labor Day I don't want to stop at just one!! It was too much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! I won't be close to 1000 miles this year but then I didn't train for and run a full marathon.

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!