Wednesday, December 11, 2013

In The Kitchen



While shopping for Thanksgiving I came across these gold beets. I never have heard of them. Can anyone tell me if they taste like red beets?  How have you used them? 
Ever since I've been getting weekly produce boxes I have actually come to love red beets in my salad so I'm interested in finding out if the gold ones are worth purchasing.
Look at the size of this Pomegranate! It was so huge. I could use one of these in several smoothies. Right now (in N. America) these are in season and the best time to purchase them.

I'm still focusing on the HBBC (Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge) but have really had some struggles in the kitchen since Thanksgiving.  Despite the snow and below freezing temps I am managing to get out for a walk every day I'm drinking more water than I ever have, and eating plenty of fruits and veggies. I'm trying to focus on what I'm doing right, not what I'm doing wrong.
This is the season to be kind to ourselves.

Happy Wednesday!



2 comments:

  1. I am not a beet fan but I know that Carrie tried to grow some I think...or bought them...she may know what they taste like

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love orange beets. They are not as earthy tasting as red. I steam them, peel the skin, then slice them and put them in salads with a bit of goat cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!