Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Girls Half

 Packet pick up! Of course we are feeling great and excited for the run.
 Pre race selfie. Carrie-Lori- Michelle
Despite the overcast skies it was warm. 

Heading towards the Old Mill District in Bend, Oregon.
After that I don't know where we were! I just followed the runners in front of me.

 It was fun to run in the forest of pines.
 I was beginning to get a little parched on the dusty trail.
I couldn't resist a photo of Mt Bachelor . 



I was so busy reading the inspirational quotes I didn't realize they were the milepost markers! lol  Right after this we started to climb! About mile 10 after a ginormous hill we were at 4000' elevation (the highest I've ran 13.1 miles). It was a butt burner and a lung burner! Thank goodness most of the rest was flat or downhill.

It was the most difficult course I've ever ran. Glad it was over!


3 comments:

  1. Love the pics Lori!! Looks like so much fun! How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo!! Great job! Your pictures are great - I love seeing the different parts of the course. Looks tough - and at elevation! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you just so proud of yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!