Friday, August 1, 2014

What's in My Box?


I get so excited to see my fresh produce! 

Beets- wrapped them in foil and put them on the grill while cooking the rest of dinner. Will slice on salad (what was left after dinner)
Heirloom yellow potatoes- I wrapped these in foil, sprinkled with garlic olive oil, and baked on the grill too!
Green onions- fresh,  on salad
Cauliflower- will sprinkle with garlic olive oil and bake. 
Purple chard- smoothies
Heirloom tomato- caprese appetizer (tomato, fresh mozzarella, olive oil, and white strawberry balsamic vinegar)

I ordered the bagged greens, which I cannot eat enough of! Mixed field greens and spinach. Love, love, love!
What are you eating in season right now?

PS, I've had some wonderful Oregon blueberries too!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bounty. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful picture. The purple greens look like Red Russian kale, like what I have in my garden. I usually don't pick mine until after a freeze because it is sweeter then, and I blanch and freeze for soup. all year long. Wish I could still eat fresh stuff, but don't dare if I want to feel good. Lots of good nutrition in that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful veggies! Will you bake the cauli whole or in florets? I ll have to consider the beets on the grill. They re so pretty but taste so bad,lol.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!