Monday, March 16, 2015

St Pat's Dash

St Patrick's Day Races are always so festive. It is usually the first race of the year so it is a good gauge at where I'm at fitness wise.

 The two ladies I'm with trained using a couch2 5K program and this was their first race. They were happy! It is always good to set goals and reach them.

 A sea of green. It is such a fun race!
Post race party with beer, Irish stew and Irish music.

I was very happy with my time of 33:35 since I've been nursing my ankle since the January 1st when I sprained it. I sat down with a calendar and pencil and made a training plan for the 
Rock n Roll half marathon mid June. Training starts today!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Love the socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Lori! Let the training begin, huh? Take good care of your ankle though.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am heading off to do some circuit work today - that Rock 'n roll will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!