Friday, November 6, 2015

Food! Food! Food!

How is even possible to lose 4 pounds when it seems like we ate so much food!?!
Here was our schedule in Bolivia:

6-8AM- breakfast buffet

What I normally ate for breakfast:
yogurt
cheese
some sort of bread/pastry
lots of fruit
awesome coffee- at least 3 cups

8:30AM- leave hotel for serve opportunities
water, water, water....only bottled
never ate outside of our hotel

Noon-1:30: Lunch buffet
My normal lunch:

creations/salads similar to mousse
green salad
empanadas
bean salad
cooked plantains
fried yucca (similar to potatoes)
rolls (about 1/2 the size of an American roll)

2:00- leave for serve opportunities
water, water, water

5:00-7:00PM  Dinner

mixed vegetables
green salad
rolls
Choice of beef, chicken or fish - I usually had 2 of some protein
potatoes
plantains
dessert- mousse/fruit - I usually had 2 of these too, because it was hard to choose.

Some days  our schedule would change a little and we'd eat lunch when it seems like we just had breakfast. But I seriously felt like I was eating an enormous amount of food. Oh yeah, and I drank some type of fruit juice almost at every meal. Some was too sweet, but I wanted to try it all.
When I actually look at it this way, I was eating pretty healthy and not snacking between meals.

Now, if I could just figure out how to do that at home!

1 comment:

  1. When you figure out how to do it, you'll let me know, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!