Monday, May 16, 2016

HotShot Memorial Run

 So, Mel is my friend I met on the way to Bolivia. She was on my serve team so we spent a week of intense time together. She commented she was doing couch to 5K program and would anyone want to run in a race with her. Of course, I said you cannot run your first ever race alone! Saturday was the day. Weather was perfect, she did awesome. (I did pretty good keeping up with her!)
 This was a fundraiser and memorial for 9 hotshots who lost their lives in 1994. 14 people were killed in the fire but 9 of them were from Prineville. For a small town it was extremely devastating. This man knew them and was reading this poem to us. It was very touching.
This memorial is beautiful and in the park the race started and ended. 

I've been increasing my mileage and was really happy to take a step back. I'm hoping to run 12 on Wednesday and that will be my last long run until my half marathon on the 28th. 

Keep on moving!

2 comments:

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!