Friday, September 22, 2017

Hiking Snoqualmie- Annette Lake

Last weekend I made a last minute trip to Washington, (prompted by a quilting friend purging her sewing room!) and thought I'd hike on the way up. 


This amazing woman suggested this hike and I planned on going solo, but at the last minute she decided to join me. Linda is a cancer survivor and a bad ass backpacker! Backpacking, as bringing everything you need and spending the night in the wilderness....or two nights!  Maybe next year I'll be able to join her.

My whole drive up was smoky and the mountains were not a lot better. But the forest must absorb some smoke because it felt very fresh.

Here was our destination- Annette lake.


There was some fall color but it was hard to see through the haze of smoke.

Thanks Linda, for the great company and the lovely hike!


3 comments:

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!