Wednesday, December 27, 2017

A New Kind of Hike

New to me anyway! I'm not known for liking to be cold so a hike in the snow was a challenge and then add half of it done at night it was a double challenge. Oh my goodness, it was so much fun!

 Originally it was going to be a group of hiking ladies, but for one reason or another I was the only one committed. I asked a friend whose daughter was home from college and we were off!


 It pretty much snowed hard all day long.


 Our destination was Mirror Lake at 4100' elevation. We got there as night was falling.


 We took a little break, and got our headlamps on ready for our descent.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I was wishing I had snow shoes or at least hiking poles the last few days as I hiked up and down my snow covered hill. I was thankful for wool socks and good hiking boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frosty!! Intrepid girls, all of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!