Friday, August 31, 2018

August Adventures

Where has the month gone? I've been keeping busy enjoying the outdoors as much as possible this month. Here's a recap.
Camping near Big Summit Prairie



A crazy storm came through and lit up the sky!

We moved to Antelope Flats reservoir. We fished, the dogs played hard.

2 weeks later I met my sister in McCall ,Idaho.



The smoke had rolled in a bit with the clouds. We obviously aren't doing a good job of managing our forests. I cannot remember when my sister said this fire was. 

 It isn't that pretty to look at, but fire is good for our forests. The sheer number of forest fires every summer seems to increase and the underbrush and weak forests make for out of control fires. That is not good for us or the firefighters.
 On our second hike we went out on a point that is out on the lake. These aspen were so tall and amazing! They seem to be competing with the old growth pine trees!!


The next weekend I heard about a Hood to Coast relay team who had a member drop out. Would I like to join? For free? When I found out the team captain and wife lived in Central Oregon I knew it was meant to be. I met them Wednesday night, drove into Portland for a team meeting. (a full relay team is 12 persons, 2 vans) Thursday night and we took off for the starting line Friday morning. 
We were above the clouds and brrrr is was cold and windy! But we were ready!

This was the end of my first leg. It was 7.1 miles. One leg I ran in the middle of the night and the next day mid afternoon was my third leg.
It is called Hood to Coast and my last leg brought me through the coast mountain range- so grateful most of it was downhill! I couldn't help but snap this photo of the lovely aspen. 

And when Van 1 was done, we celebrated. 

My team was made up of good good people! I couldn't have planned that better if I would have hand picked them myself.


And there was a big celebration at the finish line which was at Seaside Oregon. 

I hadn't actually trained enough to pull that off well, so I've been resting this week! 

I've got lots of fun stuff planned for September as well! Gotta enjoy this weather while we can.

Happy weekend!


1 comment:

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!