Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Spring Backpacking

I joined the WA Mountaineers for a backpacking trip with a couple of friends. This was my first time going with several people I didn't know. We had a terrific time and was able to get my backpacking legs warmed up for more trips this year!


Michelle took this selfie of a few of us on Umtanum Ridge where we pitched our tents. 

Lunch break at a cafe... LOL


 Stuart Range- wow!

It would be cool to have a one man tent when I'm not with Cory or the dogs, but it is nice to have room to pull everything inside. (except food, which gets tied to a tree away from camp)

One of the guys on the trip brought his camera and graciously shared some photos, the last 3 are ones I'm sharing here. 

 Mt Rainier

Amazing views! Can't wait for more! Time to try and pare down my pack weight and keep working my muscles with weights!!

1 comment:

  1. I had a fabulous time
    Yes. Going to try getting my base weight down as well. Oye. Not sure how except getting rid of stuff sacks??? Looking forward to many more trips

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!