Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Break the Fast

In my pre-Weight Watchers day I wouldn't eat breakfast. As a matter of fact I wouldn't eat much of anything until I came home from work about 2PM. I'd be starved by then and would eat just about anything that was fast and handy. And I would continue to snack and nibble until dinner time and by then I wouldn't be hungry, but of course, it was dinner so I would eat. I was way off the comfort zone scale.
When I joined Weight Watchers I started to eat breakfast. If I ate anything before 11AM I considered it breakfast. I tried a variety of foods to keep my hunger at bay and give me efficient fuel for the day; A bowl of cold cereal with milk, oatmeal, toast, fruit, yogurt, muffins, and almost always a non fat latte a little later in the morning. I can look back now at my journal and see that I would use 5-7 points for breakfast. On the days I skipped breakfast the rest of my food diary was pretty much shot. I learned an important lesson from that. I need breakfast!!!
Almost every day I eat a whole wheat bagel (3 points) with a smidge of peanut butter (2 points). It is what I need to fuel my morning and keep me satisfied until lunch. If I get hungry earlier I'll eat an apple or get a 12oz nonfat latte with 2 or 3 shots of espresso (2 points) and that will keep me full until lunchtime.
If you are not eating breakfast have you considered that you need to break the fast? If you sleep 8 hours your body needs some fuel. Start with something small and go from there. Your body will be happy and I bet your weight-loss progress will be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!