Sunday, January 20, 2008

Crock-Pot Chili

I fixed this yesterday and thought I'd share another easy, on the go recipe.

Makes 6 servings
1 1/4 cup per serving


1 pound of very lean ground beef
1 c. chopped onion
1/2 c chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup dry red wine
1 TB chili powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (15oz) can kidney beans, undrained
1 (14.5 oz) can Mexican style stewed tomatoes, undrained


Brown the ground beef, add onion and bell pepper and cook until tender. Pour all ingredients in a crock-pot, crank on high and forget about it until dinner time.

If made as stated above it is 4 points per serving.
Replace the wine with water and use splenda instead of sugar and it reduces the points to 3 and it will be all CORE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!