One of the main things I like to do is make sure I have a strategy to navigate the event. Use the Mental Rehearsing Tool for Living and think ahead about how you are going to stay on weight loss track.
A few tips from the meetings this week:
- Seat yourself across the room from the food.
- Chewing gum will make it more difficult to grab a chip here and there.
- Make sure there will be healthy snacks on hand- if not, bring a veggie tray.
- Eat a small meal ahead of time to take the edge off your hunger.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid overindulging in alcoholic beverages.
- If you bite it-write it! (unless you are on the Core plan)
If you do eat more than you intended go for a walk at half time and make sure when the event is over you get right back on track!! Don't let the Big Game or any other event tackle your weight loss!!