Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore

Another recipe today that I have changed to suit my lifestyle. You'll often hear me say "Make the program fit your lifestyle." This is one of the ways I make it work. You can find the original recipe at Weight Watchers.

1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breast
salt and pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 14.5oz canned diced Italian style tomatoes
3 cups cooked spaghetti

Cut the chicken breasts into quarters and season chicken with salt and pepper. Spray a skillet with PAM and add the olive oil. Cook the chicken breasts on medium heat about 10 minutes or until juices run clear.

Add the chopped onion, peppers and garlic and saute about 2 minutes.

Put the chicken and sauteed onions and peppers into the crockpot. Add the red wine and canned tomatoes. Crank on high and go to work.

Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the directions and serve with chicken/tomato mixture.
Makes 4 servings with a points value of 8. (including noodles)

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!