Monday, May 12, 2008

Herbs and Spices! Oh My!!

I hope you all are using herbs and spices to keep your food interesting. I have planted in my perennial beds a few variety of thyme, mint, rosemary, and chives. The deer love most of my plants but not my herbs! I am hoping to get some basil planted soon, but it is still too cold.
These are just a few easy ones to grow that I use quite a bit.

In my pantry I always return to my dried basil, freshly ground pepper, paprika, cayenne, nutmeg, sage, old fashioned Lawry's seasoned salt, oregano and cumin. I have a lot more spices, but it seems like these are the ones I use the most.

Don't even get me started on garlic. I know, it's not an herb or a spice, but it is one of our favorites in almost everything!!!

Don't be afraid to try something new. You never know, you might like it!!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!