At our meeting last week we brainstormed ways to increase our health and the health of those around us. This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are numerous ways to make small changes to improve our health. If you're brave leave a comment and let me know what your favorite healthy substitution is.
- Replace half of white flour with whole wheat flour when baking.
- Use 1/2 as much sugar as the recipe calls for.
- Use unsweetened applesauce for at least 1/2 of the oil called for in a recipe.
- Use canola oil for baking rather than vegetable oil.
- Use skim milk in recipes.
- Butter buds for mashed potatoes rather than real butter or margarine.
- Use broth to stir fry vegetables instead of oil. (Unless you are trying to get in your 2 tsp. healthy oil)
- Use whole wheat tortillas in casseroles.