Thursday, June 26, 2008

Honeyed Fruit Cocktail

Be sure to read my notes at the end.

2 large bananas, sliced
3/4 c unsweetened canned or refrigerated pineapple juice, divided
2 ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
2 cups seedless grapes
1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into bite size pieces
1 TB honey
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Gently toss banana slices in 1/4 cup pineapple juice; set aside. Combine mangoes, grapes, and pineapple in a large bowl. Whisk together remaining 1/2 cup pineapple juice, honey and cinnamon until blended. Pour over fruit and toss. Add reserved bananas and toss gently.

Serves 6
2 points per serving
All core except for 1 TB honey which is only 1 point. So, it would be 1/6 of your 35 weekly points- but who's counting that?!

I don't buy pineapple juice or a fresh pineapple. I buy Dole chunks in it's own juice- no sugar added. I drain my pineapple and use some of the juice to toss the bananas in. This keeps them from getting brown. Then I take whatever fruit I have in my fridge and cut it up. I don't care for mangoes, but will put in orange slices, apples, grapes, peaches- whatever I have on hand and is in season. Then I take the remaining pineapple juice, put in the honey and cinnamon and use my whisk until it is fluffy. Pour over cut up fruit, add bananas and enjoy! This is a big hit at my house and so simple the kids can help make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!