Sunday, November 9, 2008

Is Weight Watchers a Fad for You?

"America has been cruel to its food fads in recent years. Things always get off to a torrid start, with the nation pledging its undying love to the hot young victual-be it Krispy Kreme doughnuts or frozen yogurt, wraps or low carb bread. But the affair generally ends in tears, as the cold hearted Lotario abruptly dumps the new foodstuffs and returns to the old standbys, like an errant husband back to his meatloaf baking wife." -Starbucked by Taylor Clark

When I read this it reminded me of how some of treat weight loss. We are so happy! We are so excited! Then the next thing you know you are back to your old habits. If you really want to succeed with your weight loss you have to look way down the road. What are you going to do when the "fun" part is gone? When the loss comes in -.4 and -.2 pounds? Will you throw in the towel and run back to fried chicken, mashed potatoes smothered in gravy? I sure hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!