Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nutritional Info- continued

Getting the nutritional info on the Costco pies was quite the eye opener.

Here's what I found out:

Pumpkin Pie 1/15th a pie- 5 points
I can't say that I have ever cut a pie into 15 pieces? Anybody else? LOL

Pecan Pie- 1/16th of a pie- 12 points
I guess this means your piece is a little smaller than the pumpkin, since it is in 16 slices instead of 15. Who the heck is figuring the portions on these?

This is really the one that blew me out of the water.

Chocolate Cream pie - 123g or 4.3oz. It doesn't say, but I would assume it is 1/15th or 1/16th of a pie. It has a whopping 42g fat and 14 Weight Watcher points per 4.3oz!!!

Even the pecan pie which I thought would have a really high fat content only had 28 grams, which is still high but not compared to the Chocolate Cream.

OK, my plan is to make sure I've got 5 points for a piece of pumpkin pie.
Happy Day.
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!