Thursday, January 22, 2009

Stir-Fry Beef and Broccoli

Stir fry can be an easy healthy meal. My problem is finding the right kind of sauce that enhances the food. I think I've solved that problem. They make stir fry sauce! Am I the last person to find this out? They make several different versions and flavors so be sure the nutritional label on whatever brand you choose.

Stir Fry Beef and Broccoli
serves 4


1 pound top round steak
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
A lot of broccoli, cut into small pieces
garlic, minced
2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup stir fry sauce

Cut your round against the grain into small strips. Put garlic powder, salt and pepper on it and mix.
Heat your wok or stir fry pan on high or 375 degrees and add 1 tsp. sesame oil. Add the broccoli and stir fry about 4 minutes, then add the minced garlic and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes or until the broccoli is crisp tender (or however you like it). Remove veggies and add 1 tsp sesame oil to pan and reheat to 375 or high. Add your meat and stir fry 1-2 minutes on each side or until done. Add broccoli and 1/4 cup stir fry sauce to wok; mix well and heat through.

I made a ton of broccoli so I added a tiny bit more stir fry sauce. It was delicious and oh so easy!!!
This is the sauce I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!