Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Workout Station

So, our town is putting money into a walking path, which would be great if once a week or so someone would clean the trash up out of the creek that runs next to it. Seriously, it is so dirty I don't let my dog drink from it or swim in it.  Last summer the weeds grew higher then I was! So, I use it in the spring and that is about it. Last week I noticed the city installed 2 workout stations along the walking path and creek.



I'm curious if I will see anybody using them. Does your town have anything like this?


Before my Learn to Run class I went to Footzone and was fitted for a new pair of shoes. I ran 20 minutes in them last night and walked this morning. I've got a new spring in my step again! Yeah!
Make sure you invest in a good pair of walking or running shoes. It is the most important thing you need for being active.

How's the fitness journal keeping? I'm doing good so far at keeping up on mine. I think I need more room for notes though.

I forgot to get last weeks workout minutes or miles. Leave them in a comment or send me an email.

Have a terrific week!


1 comment:

  1. Our trail used to have these work out stations about every 1/4 mile but most of them have been removed. They do have a lot of trail keepers working to keep the trail and the river clean. It is a salmon path so that is motivation for many. I am really loving my fitness journal. Keeps me from just coming home and sitting on the couch :)

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!