Friday, February 24, 2012

Beef & Pasta Skillet

I've been trying a few new recipes and I've finally fixed one that is a keeper!

Beef & Pasta Skillet Primavera
Makes 4 generous servings
25-30 minutes to make
265 calories per serving

1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 can 14 oz reduced sodium beef broth
1 cup uncooked whole wheat rotini pasta
2 small zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/2" slices
1 can 14 oz Italian Style diced tomatoes- drained

Cook ground beef in a skillet until brown and cooked through. Stir in broth and pasta. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 7-11 minutes, or until pasta is not quite cooked. Add zucchini and drained tomatoes. Continue to cook about 5 more minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if you'd like.


While the ground beef is browning I would add onions and garlic, as the overall dish was a bit flat. 

You can find more beef recipes at this site:

Beef It's Whats For Dinner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!